Curbside Appointment Protocols
Covid 19 Protocols Update 3/12/2021
As the Covid-19 vaccination starts becoming more readily available, our staff has reviewed the guidelines set by the Minnesota Department of Health and will continue with curbside care for the foreseeable future.
It is recommended to continue to wear masks and maintain social distancing even after the vaccine has taken effect as it is unknown yet if the vaccine will protect an individual from spreading Covid.
Because we are currently under construction, our staff is working in 1/3 the size of our normal building. Therefore, we do not have the space for 6 feet of social distancing. Due to these close quarters, we are wearing face shields in addition to masks to protect ourselves from each other. Thank you for respecting our decision to continue caring for your pets in the safest manner possible. For more information on the guidelines impacting our decision, please visit the MN department of health at
We will continue to monitor the situation as construction continues and Covid recommends change from the state.
Masks are required for all in-person interactions with our staff. The mask needs to cover your nose and mouth. If you are unable to wear a mask, please have another person bring your pet to their visit.
If you are ill, have been ill within the last 14 days, or have an increased risk of exposure and your pet needs urgent care or medical attention, please ask a friend, neighbor or a family member to bring your pet to our clinic. In these instances, please reschedule any routine appointments.
- Call 651-452-8160 when you arrive for your appointment. Please be patient if the line is busy. We will do our best to get back to you in a timely manner.
- A technician will ask questions about your pet’s current health over the phone. Then she will come to collect your pet for the exam.
- All dogs need to be on a leash. Wear a mask and step out of your car to hand the leash to a technician.
- All cats need to be in a secure carrier. Wear a mask. Bring your cat to the front door and set the carrier in the vestibule, just inside the first door. Then step out of the vestibule.
- If you do not own a carrier you may purchase a cardboard carrier from us for $5.99 + tax. You will need to place your cat in the carrier in your car, then transport your cat to the vestibule. Please let our staff know if you need a carrier at your visit. We will not be able to see any cats without a carrier for the transfer into the clinic.
- Stay in the parking lot for the duration of your pet’s visit. We do not have the space to house your pet any longer than the duration of their exam. There is an additional charge for any animal left at the clinic after their appointment is finished, regardless of length of time spent here.
- The doctor will call you immediately after your pet’s exam to discuss any findings and treatment plan.
- She will then transfer the phone to a technician for payment. Plan to provide a credit card number over the phone. We do not keep any credit card numbers on file. We are currently not accepting cash.
- We will then bring your pet back to you. Dogs will be handed off in the parking lot, cats will be placed back into the vestibule. Please remember to wear a mask when picking up your animal.