COVID UPDATE 5/8/2020
We hope you are doing well and staying healthy. As we begin the transition of performing more elective procedures, we are taking the following steps to help ensure the safety of our staff and clients:
- We are no longer accepting cash. Please be prepared to verbally give a credit card number over the phone to process payments.
- For medication and food pick-ups: Please call when you arrive for your pick-up.
- After processing payment over the phone, we will bring your product outside and set it on the provided table. It will be labeled with your last name. Once we are back in the building, please pick up your product from the table.
- All cats being seen in our clinic will need to arrive in a carrier. After you call us to confirm your arrival, a Technician will take information over the phone. When finished, you will be instructed to place your cat’s carrier past our first front door, into the vestibule. A Technician will get your cat once you leave the vestibule.
- All dogs being seen in our clinic will need to be leashed. After you call us to confirm your arrival, a Technician will take information over the phone. When finished, please have your dog outside of your car. A Technician will come to your vehicle to take your dog’s leash. We will not be taking any dogs directly from your vehicle.
- Please stay in the parking lot for your pet’s exam. The Doctor will call immediately after the exam to go over the exam findings and discuss any recommendations. To maximize our ability to see patients safely, we need to be able to return your pet to you immediately after exam.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all carefully navigate these uncertain times.
5/1/2020 COVID-19 Update:
Due to the Governor’s Stay at Home order and the Board of Animal Health we will not be scheduling non-essential visits until the week of May 18th.
We will still be scheduling appointments for emergencies, ill patients, rabies vaccines, and puppies/kittens needing to keep a vaccine schedule with our curbside service.
Starting Monday, March 30th, for minor or non-urgent medical needs, we will be offering telemedicine for a fee of $35. Please e-mail a picture of your pet’s area of concern to email@example.com and a member of our staff will assist you.
Also, in order to conserve personal protective equipment and other medical supplies, veterinarians have been directed by the Governor via executive order 20-09 to postpone all non-essential or elective surgeries indefinitely. Effective immediately and for an indefinite time period, PKAH we will no longer be performing the following: dental cleanings, dog and cat spays/neuters and non-urgent lump removals. All other surgeries will be at the doctor’s discretion.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we are striving to do everything we can to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19.
COVID-19 UPDATED 3/19/2020: Our practice is operating under normal business hours
To our Valued Customers,
The health and well-being of your pet is our top priority. As news of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community continues to develop, we are monitoring the situation closely.
As of now, Pilot Knob Animal Hospital is operating under normal business hours, but as new information becomes available, we may have to change our current status of business hours and availability. Please check our website and Facebook status for current business hours and availability.
While the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) have indicated that dogs, cats, and horses are not considered a risk for contracting COVID-19, we are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of clients and staff within our facility.
- If you are experiencing any signs of illness, have any flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, or shortness of breath; or have had any of these signs within the last 14 days, we kindly ask you to reschedule your upcoming routine appointments.
- If you have recently had an increased risk of exposure by traveling or attending a large gathering, please consider rescheduling your appointment until after a 14-day quarantine.
- If you are ill, have been ill within the last 14 days, or have an increased risk of exposure and your pet needs urgent care or medical attention, please ask a friend, neighbor or a family member to bring your pet to our clinic. If you call ahead, we will gladly accommodate your pet’s caretaker and make the appropriate arrangements. Please be available by phone so that we can reach you if we have any questions.
- In compliance with the recommendations for social distancing, we will be performing curb side appointments. You will need to call the clinic when you arrive in the parking lot. A staff member will come out to collect your pet and bring them in for their appointment. A technician will call you shortly thereafter to update the medical history. After the exam the doctor will call to review options and formulate a plan. The doctor will then hand the phone to a staff member to collect payment. A technician will dispense any medications as required and deliver the pet and their medications to your vehicle.
- For minor or non-urgent medical needs, we will be offering telemedicine. Please e-mail a picture of your pet’s area of concern to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our staff will assist you.
- We also ask that if you must enter the clinic to limit the number of people to only one.
- As more information becomes available, Pilot Knob Animal Hospital may have to alter staffing and hours. As such, we may also ask clients to reschedule or postpone routine appointments and surgeries.
- If your pet is on any long-term medications, please ensure that you have an adequate supply in the event Pilot Knob Animal Hospital must close.
Please call ahead for all medication refills and prescription food orders. We ask you prepay over the phone and we will bring your items out to your car upon arrival.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we all navigate our way through this difficult time. Our phone lines may be busier than usual, but we will do our best to get back to everyone in a timely manner.
Your pet healthcare partners at Pilot Knob Animal Hospital