COVID-19 UPDATED 3/19/2020: Our practice is operating under normal business hours
To our Valued Customers,
The health and well-being of your pet is our top priority. As news of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community continues to develop, we are monitoring the situation closely.
As of now, Pilot Knob Animal Hospital is operating under normal business hours, but as new information becomes available, we may have to change our current status of business hours and availability. Please check our website and Facebook status for current business hours and availability.
While the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) have indicated that dogs, cats, and horses are not considered a risk for contracting COVID-19, we are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of clients and staff within our facility.
- If you are experiencing any signs of illness, have any flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, or shortness of breath; or have had any of these signs within the last 14 days, we kindly ask you to reschedule your upcoming routine appointments.
- If you have recently had an increased risk of exposure by traveling or attending a large gathering, please consider rescheduling your appointment until after a 14-day quarantine.
- If you are ill, have been ill within the last 14 days, or have an increased risk of exposure and your pet needs urgent care or medical attention, please ask a friend, neighbor or a family member to bring your pet to our clinic. If you call ahead, we will gladly accommodate your pet’s caretaker and make the appropriate arrangements. Please be available by phone so that we can reach you if we have any questions.
- In compliance with the recommendations for social distancing, we will be performing curb side appointments. You will need to call the clinic when you arrive in the parking lot. A staff member will come out to collect your pet and bring them in for their appointment. A technician will call you shortly thereafter to update the medical history. After the exam the doctor will call to review options and formulate a plan. The doctor will then hand the phone to a staff member to collect payment. A technician will dispense any medications as required and deliver the pet and their medications to your vehicle.
- For minor or non-urgent medical needs, we will be offering telemedicine. Please e-mail a picture of your pet’s area of concern to email@example.com and a member of our staff will assist you.
- We also ask that if you must enter the clinic to limit the number of people to only one.
- As more information becomes available, Pilot Knob Animal Hospital may have to alter staffing and hours. As such, we may also ask clients to reschedule or postpone routine appointments and surgeries.
- If your pet is on any long-term medications, please ensure that you have an adequate supply in the event Pilot Knob Animal Hospital must close.
Please call ahead for all medication refills and prescription food orders. We ask you prepay over the phone and we will bring your items out to your car upon arrival.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we all navigate our way through this difficult time. Our phone lines may be busier than usual, but we will do our best to get back to everyone in a timely manner.
Your pet healthcare partners at Pilot Knob Animal Hospital