Impounded Animals

Impounded Animals

If Your Pet is Impounded Here:

We are the City of Eagan’s and Rosemount’s impound facility. Impounded animal posts will indicate which city your pet was found in.  If you see your animal on our website, please go to the police department of the city indicated to pay any impound fees.

Eagan’s police department is at 3830 Pilot Knob Road Eagan, MN 55122.

Rosemount’s police department is at 2875 145th St. W Rosemount, MN 55068.

They will give you a release form that you will bring with you to Pilot Knob Animal Hospital in order to pick up your pet.

Pilot Knob Animal Hospital does not accept any payments for impound animals. Please stop at the indicated police department before coming to the hospital to pick up your pet.

For Lost Animals:

If you have lost an animal and do not see them on our website, you can call police dispatch at 651-675-5700 with their description. To leave a message for the Eagan Animal Control Officer, call Jodie Opstad at 651-675-5750. Jodie is unable to assist with Rosemount cases. You can also report a lost animal here:

If you Found a Stray Pet:

If you have found an animal in Eagan, please call the Eagan Animal Control Officer at 651-675-5750. You can also fill out this form to report a found animal:

If you have found an animal in Rosemount, please contact the Rosemount police department at: 651-423-4491



Contact Us

4145 Knob Drive
Eagan, MN 55122 

(651) 452-8160

(651) 452-0010

Email Us


Mon-Fri 7am-6pm
Sat 8am-Noon